COVID-19 Links & Resources
There are a number of resources available at all levels of government to assist citizens during the current COVID-19 pandemic. Here is a list of some of the local resources that are available:
Ashtabula County 211 COVID-19 site – Connecting residents to the services and programs they need. The site provides links to other available resources, including:
- Ohio Unemployment Website
- Ohio Benefits
- Resources for Economic Support
- IRS Stimulus Check Info
- Consumer Protection Info
- State of Ohio Coronavirus Website
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- National 2-1-1 Coronavirus Website
Here is some additional information provided by the Ashtabula County Emergency Management Agency:
- Listing of Food Pantries in Ashtabula County
- Senior Check In – The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of Ashtabula & Geauga Counties is running a Telefriend Program that offers phone companion calls. Contact Christine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 440-210-3044 to get started.
- Mental Health – If you are feeling anxious or need someone to communicate with about how you are feeling you can use the crisis text line. You can text “4hope” to 741741 or call our Hopeline at 1-800-577-7849.
- Senior Transportation – The Ashtabula Center for Active Living (formerly known as the Ashtabula Senior Center) can provide transportation for Ashtabula residents age 60 and older to visit food pantries, the grocery store, or pharmacies by appointment. Seating is limited and appointments are required at least 2 business days in advance. Due to the social distancing order, riders should be able to board and embark independently with minimal assistance. Their bus is wheelchair accessible. For more information call the Center for Active Living at 440-998-6750.